Would you buy a car ‘cash only’ from a dealer who meets you on wasteland?
Would you divulge your emotional struggles to the local gossip or a ‘counsellor’ with limited experience?
Would you seek to achieve your aims around good mental health, physical health, fitness and weight loss by contacting someone who appears not to practice what they preach?
Of course you wouldn’t!
You are in the right place here… visiting my web site!
As a mental health practitioner with the NHS and Social Services for over 26 years, during which I completed numerous ongoing ‘professional development’ training programmes, and as a practising Clinical Hypnotherapist, Mind Management and Life Coach for the past six years working in the private sector at reputable Therapy Clinics and within Spire Healthcare Hospital locations, I have accrued a wealth of experience and knowledge that I bring to my work.
Add to this my own personal history as a ‘fat kid’ who went on to become fit and lean for life managing to achieve good sporting standards and wellbeing, and who applied a range of positive thinking, motivational work, and self hypnosis to sport, my own life long weight management issue, and to my own ultimately successful encounter with cancer and I believe you have a credible and informed option as you make your choice as to who to approach for help.
Beware the ‘expert’ who hides behind a professional role. My approach is defined by myself first and foremost. My professional background and personal interests and life experiences merely form a tool kit to draw upon. I read extensively sharing the latest in current thinking with my clients, applying new modern concepts to my work and your success. The work I do is shaped by my approach… by ‘Russell Theory’. Given this my approach is ‘dynamic’ and responsive to you and your needs. Sometimes conventional and applying theoretical approaches and sometimes unconventional my work is typically consistently successful.
One reason for this is I learn from you. My clients bring to me a wealth of personal, professional and business experience. This a rich source to draw upon and one to share. For example my ‘Client Ambassadors’ are past clients who have become colleagues and friends. They are there to help and share their experience with you. See the ‘Testimonials’ page or the bottom of the ‘Home’ page is you wish to contact an ambassador.
I look forward to hearing from you but before you do contact me please see a summary of my professional background below:
Please see a summary of my qualifications and status below:
- I am a recognised ‘Allied Health Professional’ with Spire Healthcare one of the major private health providers in the UK.
- I am a Registered Practitioner on the General Hypnotherapy Register.
- I am a Accredited Practitioner with the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council. (The General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC) and General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) are the UK’s largest and most prominent organisations within the field of Hypnotherapy and together present an exemplary model for the simultaneous protection of the public and the provision of practitioner credibility and services.) See www.general-hypnotherapy-register.com
- I am registered with the Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC was set up with government support to protect the public by providing a UK voluntary register of complementary therapists. CNHC’s register has been approved as an Accredited Register by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.) See www.cnhc.org.uk
- I have a Degree in Applied Social Studies and am a Qualified Psychiatric Social Worker.
- I held advanced Approved Mental Health Professional status until I left the NHS/Social Care Register in 2012.
- I held Practice Teacher Status in Social Work teaching students to Masters Degree level.
- I hold numerous ‘ongoing professional development’ training awards gained over 26 years service.
- I am a ‘Central Council for the Education and Training in Social Work’ Approved Practice Teacher to students to Degree Level and beyond.
- I have full Professional Indemnity Insurance