As a mental health practitioner with the NHS and Social Services for over 26 years, during which I completed numerous ongoing ‘professional development’ training programmes, and as a practicing Counsellor, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Mind Management and Life Coach for the past eight years practicing in the private sector in locations such as Fairfield Independent Hospital and Spire Fyle Coast Hospital I have accrued a wealth of experience and knowledge that I bring to my work. ‘Practice Privileges’, the ability to offer a clinics, are not given lightly in Private Health Care settings. That I am able to offer clinics in such settings is an indicator to you of the background I have and of the high standards I maintain and which are annually appraised in each setting.
My skill set is comprehensive and I am able to draw on experience and knowledge in a number of fields rather than simply offering one approach. This I believe positions me as uniquely able to form programmes of therapy and coaching that fit you, rather than the other way around.
Add to this my own personal history as a ‘fat kid’ who went on to become fit and lean for life managing to achieve good sporting standards and wellbeing, and who applied a range of positive thinking, motivational work, and self hypnosis to sport, my own life long weight management issue, and to my own ultimately successful encounter with cancer and I believe you have a credible and informed option as you make your choice as to who to approach for help.
- I am a recognised ‘Allied Health Professional’ with Spire Fylde Coast Hospital and Fairfield Independent Hospital, two of the major private health providers in the North West.
- I am a Registered Practitioner on the General Hypnotherapy Register.
- I am a Accredited Practitioner with the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council. (The General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC) and General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) are the UK’s largest and most prominent organisations within the field of Hypnotherapy and together present an exemplary model for the simultaneous protection of the public and the provision of practitioner credibility and services.) See www.general-hypnotherapy-register.com
- I am registered with the Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC was set up with government support to protect the public by providing a UK voluntary register of complementary therapists. CNHC’s register has been approved as an Accredited Register by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.) See www.cnhc.org.uk
- I have a Degree in Applied Social Studies and am a Qualified Psychiatric Social Worker.
- I held advanced Approved Mental Health Professional status until I left the NHS/Social Care Register in 2012.
- I held Practice Teacher Status in Social Work teaching students to Masters Degree level.
- I hold numerous ‘ongoing professional development’ training awards gained over 34 years practice.
- I am a ‘Central Council for the Education and Training in Social Work’ Approved Practice Teacher to students to Degree Level and beyond.
- I have full Professional Indemnity Insurance